Peter L. Pfeiffer
Peter Pfeiffer, FAIA is a LEED accredited professional Architect, Interior Designer, and Building Scientist who has spent the past 33 years designing and developing pragmatic high performance buildings and homes.
In 2004 he was named a Fellow of the American Institute of Architects for his life-long commitment to “mainstreaming green building in North America”. He is a founding principal of Barley & Pfeiffer Architects, a firm recognized nationally for its pioneering use of environmentally responsive design and construction techniques. Their work has been published both in the United States and abroad in such diverse venues as the Washington Post, The New York Times, Fine Homebuilding, and Better Homes & Gardens magazine. He has been a guest on National Public Radio, the HGTV network, The Discovery Channel, as well as on This Old House and This New House.
The National Association of Home Builders honored him as the “National Green Advocate of the Year” in 2003 for his life-long achievements in “mainstreaming” green building. Peter has been an active charter member of the NAHB Green Building Subcommittee since its inception in 1999 and has been active in the US Green Building Council’s LEED for Homes program.
In 2006 Residential Architect cited him as one of the 10 most influential residential architects of past decade. In 2010 Peter was nominated for the prestigious Hanley Award for his meaningful efforts to advance green building in America.
- Architect and Interior Designer
- Professionally licensed in Texas, New York, New Jersey, and Oregon
- Licensed with National Council of Architectural Registration Boards
- Masters in Architecture degree, with an emphasis in resource efficient design and energy studies, from University of Texas at Austin
- Bachelor of Science degree in the Building Sciences from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in 1977chosen to be a Fellow of the American Institute of Architects for his accomplishments in Green Building
- appointed by Governor Perry to the Texas State Board of Architectural Examiners
- elected to be the Vice Chair of Texas State Board of Architectural Examiners in 2008
|Barley & Pfeiffer Architects||Saturday, June 8, at 11:30 am – Earth Conference Room
Seeing Beyond the Glare of EcoBling
Sensible Leadership in Green Building